A sophisticated investor is an investor who possesses the awareness of the risks associated with investing in capital markets and adequate resources to undertake those risks without exposing itself to excessive financial consequences. Sophisticated investors may be categorized as such if they meet the identification criteria set out below.
In order for Pepins to assess the applications received, investors are required to provide documentation showcasing the criteria selected.
Legal person meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- Own funds of at least EUR 100,000
- Net turnover of at least EUR 2,000,000
- Balance sheet of at least EUR 1,000,000
Natural person meeting at least two of the following criteria:
- Personal gross income of at least EUR 60,000 per fiscal year, or a financial instrument portfolio, defined as including cash deposits and financial assets, that exceeds EUR 100,000.
- Currently or previously worked in the financial sector for at least one year in a professional position which required knowledge of the transactions or services envisaged, or you have held an executive position for at least 12 months in a legal person as referred to above.
You have carried out transactions of a significant size on the capital market at an average frequency of 10 per quarter, over the previous four quarters.